Thursday, January 12, 2012

How Old is Your Soul?

Well since it's been about 3 months, I guess it's past time to write another blog. This, and my own journal tend to be empty for months at a time. Blame it on laziness or the inability to put things into words, whatever the reason, my drought is over! Hey if the world's going to end this year, I better have more than 4 blogs a year, right?

Shall I give the Cliffsnotes update of October, November, December, and half of January? In a nutshell: I fell deeper in love with Lighthouse on my 3rd retreat and last one as a team member. Talk about bittersweet. I think it was the best one, yet :) I was formally asked on a date to Dewey's that has since led to a completely unexpected and beautiful relationship with the kind of guy I didn't think actually existed. How lucky am I? I struggled more than I ever have academically, but did not break and did not give up. Never did I ever think I'd be so excited to see a "C-" on a report card. Organic Chemistry, you won some battles but I won the effin' war! Celebrated Thanksgiving at UD with the most wonderful family anyone could ask for, including - of course - a semi-drunk football game on the new Stuart Field (shouldn't have shot-gunned that beer beforehand). Spent a number of late nights at Milano's watching some of my favorite people turn 21 the only way we know how - with obnoxious electric blue and green shots. Danced on tables at all porch parties, singing "Let Us Love" at the top of my lungs. Laughed way too hard at Club Roesch with the most hilarious study buddies. Was successfully surprised for a SECOND time by one of the greatest people I know showing up in my bathroom, ready to help me ring in my 21st birthday with both my UD and Medina families (complete with an encounter with our very own superintendent). Became a Twitter-believer/user, but more importantly...a hashtag-er #yesthatsaword. Got to see my brother and sister-in-law reunite for the first time in nine months and see their baby girl light up instantly! Became best friends with my 14-year-old sister (that happened way sooner than I thought it would). Took pictures of Dick Clark on the TV on New Year's Eve much to the chagrin of my seven best friends. All in all, I couldn't be happier with the series of events - big and little - that closed a truly wonderful 2011. With that, I'm more than hopeful for what this second semester and whole year has to offer. Positivity is the motto, trusting the bigger plan is the course of action.

Cheers to many adventures to come, late nights at the library, making the memories that are worth more than grades every could be, dancing obnoxiously at the tall tables at the Galley, bottles of Barefoot Moscato, prayers before bedtime, email chains that are probably not as funny as we think they are, a final semester with a balcony, laughing until milk comes out of our noses, and spending money we don't have. Like always, get ready for one hell of a ride :)



No comments:

Post a Comment